A healthy breakfast for on the go! They keep well in an airtight box for a few days and can be frozen.
The balance of fibre (carbs), good fats and protein will keep you full until lunchtime and will help to balance your hormones. Plus they are low in sugar!
Makes 12 muffins.
Portion size: One muffin: Kcal: 422, Carbs: 28g, Fat:29g, Protein:13g, Sugar: 5g
200g ground almonds
100g oats (gluten free if coeliac or gluten intolerant)
30g ground flaxseeds
30g sunflower seeds or chia seeds
50g toasted flaked almonds
30g toasted coconut flakes
1/8th tsp himalayan salt
2 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
200g medjool dates, pits removed, roughly chopped
2 ripe bananas
2 large eggs
2 heaped tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp coconut oil (not melted)
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 or 200C
- Place paper muffin cases into a 12 hole muffin tin
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Process the wet ingredients in your food processor till mostly smooth.
- Mix the wet into the dry and mix well.
- Fill the muffin cases to the top as the mix doesn’t really rise.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25/30 mins until nicely browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.