Pancakes are so easy to make and this recipe uses only a few ingredients. Buckwheat flour can be found in your local health store or the health food section of some supermarkets. What’s great about buckwheat is that it is gluten free, so it’s good for anyone suffering with digestive problems.
Some more health benefits of buckwheat:
- contains 2 flavonoids (rutin and quercetin). They act as antioxidants and help Vitamin C to work better. They increase blood flow, helping to prevent blood clots and they protect LDL – the bad cholesterol from free radical oxidation, i.e. turning into potentially harmful cholesterol
- Very good source of protein and has all 8 amino acids
- Very good source of magnesium which helps to increase our energy
Ingredients (serves 6 large pancakes)
335ml of water
3 tbsp. coconut oil
120g buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Blend all ingredients together to make a batter.
2. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add spoonful’s of batter to make pancakes about 8-10cm across. Cook for a couple of minutes until set on the bottom and bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook on the other side. Keep the pancakes warm in a low oven while you finish up the batter.
With berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries) and a sprinkle of cinnamon
Spread of all natural peanut butter / almond butter or pumpkin seed butter