1/3 cup (60g) quinoa rinsed
1 large carrot grated
1 small tin of chickpeas
Juice ½ lemon
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp honey
1 dessertspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp mint
1 tbsp dried cranberries or sultanas or pomegranate seeds
- To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, allspice, honey and oil and mix well.
- Combine the 1/3 cup of quinoa with 2/3 cup (120mls) of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer the quinoa for 15 minutes. Drain the quinoa well and place in a bowl
- Add your grated carrot, cranberries or sultanas, chickpeas and dressing to the quinoa. Mix everything well and season.
- Stir through the mint and enjoy.
Health benefits of quinoa
- Excellent source of protein – contains all the essential amino acids
- Source of calcium, fibre, iron, vitamin E and the anti-stress B vitamins
- Higher essential fat content than other grains
- Gluten free
- Helps keep you fuller for longer, sustains energy levels, mood and concentration.